Editor's Note: Click here to download PADET Jacksonville imagery
CHARLESTON, S.C. — The Coast Guard suspended its search, Thursday, for three people aboard an overdue 31-foot fishing vessel offshore Brunswick, Georgia, pending new information.
Missing are Dalton Conway, Caleb Wilkinson and Tyler Barlow.
Crews searched more than 94,000 square miles, an area larger in size than the states of Georgia and South Carolina combined, over the span of seven days.
Coast Guard Sector Charleston watchstanders received a report from the owner of the fishing vessel Carol Ann stating he hired a crew of three people that failed to return on Wednesday, Oct. 18, as scheduled. The crew left on Saturday, Oct. 14, from Brunswick, Georgia, to fish approximately 80 miles offshore and last communicated with the owner of the vessel as they headed offshore.
"Despite the unwavering dedication of our crews, regrettably, we have not been able to uncover any traces of the vessel and have made the difficult decision to suspend the search for three beloved family members,” said Capt. Frank DelRosso, commander, Coast Guard Sector Charleston. “We extend our heartfelt gratitude to our partner agencies and the countless volunteers who have lent their assistance in this arduous search. Undoubtedly, they, like us, share in the deep sympathy we hold for the families of the missing individuals."
Involved in the search were:
- MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crews from Air Station Elizabeth City
- HC-130 Hercules aircraft crews from Air Station Elizabeth City
- HC-130 Hercules aircraft crews from Air Station Clearwater
- MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crews from Air Station Savannah
- HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircraft crews from Air Station Miami
- 45-foot Response Boat-Medium crew from Station Brunswick
- The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Ibis
- The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Tarpon
- Coast Guard Auxiliary aircraft crews
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection P-3
- U.S. Navy E-2C Hawkeye aircraft crew
- Sector Charleston watchstanders
- Seventh District watchstanders
- USCG Search and Rescue Council
If anyone has new information regarding this case, please contact Sector Charleston at 843-740-7050.
Click here view the initial press release.
For breaking news, follow us on X (formerly Twitter). For additional information, find us on Facebook and Instagram.