SEATTLE – The Coast Guard has ended its search for a missing woman in Clallam County after a body matching the woman’s description was located on Rialto Beach, Monday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Puget Sound received a report Monday at 10:50 a.m. of a 26-year-old woman, who was swept from Rialto Beach.
At approximately 5 p.m., Olympic National Park Rangers reported they had located the body of a deceased person matching the description of the missing woman.
Coast Guard helicopter aircrews searched approximately 51 square miles for over 5 hours.
Involved with the search were:
- An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station Astoria
- An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station Port Angeles
- A land search party from Coast Guard Station Quillayute River
- Clallam County Sheriff's Office
- La Push Tribal Police Department
- Olympic National Park Search and Rescue Team