Editors' Note: Media interested in attending should RSVP no later than 5 p.m. July 27 by calling (361) 533-8125 or emailing SectorCorpusPA@gmail.com .
Click here to view the Community Day flyer.
WHAT: Coast Guard Sector Corpus Christi to host a free, public Community Day
WHO: Members from Coast Guard units throughout the Corpus Christi area
WHEN: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Saturday, July 29, 2023
WHERE: Water’s Edge Park, 602 S. Shoreline Blvd., Corpus Christi, TX
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Coast Guard is scheduled to host a free, open-to-the-public Community Day in Corpus Christi on Saturday.
During the event, Coast Guard members from Sector Corpus Christi and surrounding units will display equipment and discuss various Coast Guard missions.
Media members are invited to ride in a Coast Guard helicopter during a search and rescue demonstration. Seats are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Attendees can interact with Coast Guard air crews, rescue swimmers, boat crews, law enforcement personnel and K9 officers, drone operators, watchstanders, search and rescue coordinators, pollution responders, Auxiliarists, recruiters and more.
Sector Corpus Christi consists of 334 active duty, civilian and reserve personnel with two marine safety units, three multi-mission small boat stations, three aids to navigation teams and three Coast Guard cutters.
Coast Guard units and personnel scheduled to attend:
- Air Station Corpus Christi with an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter
- Aids to Navigation Team Corpus Christi
- Maritime Safety & Security Team Houston
- Sector Corpus Christi Unmanned Aircraft Systems team
- Sector Corpus Christi Response Department
- Sector Corpus Christi Prevention Department
- Commercial Fishing Vessel Examination
- Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Coast Guard Recruiting Office Corpus Christi
Local agencies and partners scheduled to attend:
- Texas General Land Office
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- United Service Organizations (USO)
For more information follow us on Facebook and Twitter.