New London, Conn –
Coast Guard Academy Commencement 2023 Media Ground Rules
DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas will deliver the keynote address at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy's 142nd commencement exercises at Cadet Memorial Field on Wednesday, May 17, at 11 a.m. The Secretary will congratulate this new generation of Coast Guard leaders on their hard work and dedication and wish them fair winds and following seas in their future endeavors.
The event is by invitation only and not open to the public.
Ground rules for media are as follows:
- Media representatives wishing to cover the event must RSVP to CGA-PUBLIC-Affairs@uscga.edu by noon on Monday, May 15, in order to be credentialed and board the media shuttle bus on the day of the event. The RSVP should include:
- Media Outlet they represent
- Role (i.e. Reporter, Camera person)
- Contact Number
- During the event, there will be no parking available on base. Media Parking will be available at the National Guard Armory, 249 Bayonet St., New London, CT. A shuttle bus will depart the Armory at 10 a.m. to transport everyone covering the event. The same bus will take everyone back to the Armory at the conclusion of the event, however any cars remaining in lot after 4 p.m. on May 17 will be locked in.
- Media will be credentialed prior to entering Cadet Memorial Field and must display their passes at all times while on the Coast Guard Academy campus.
- Live shots will be allowed before and during Commencement.
- In the case of foul weather, the event will be moved to Leamy Hall. Additional pooling arrangements will be required, and instructions will be given on-site the day of the event.