Editor's Note: Click on images to download high-resolution version.
NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard is searching Tuesday for an overdue vessel with two people aboard near Cape San Blas, Florida.
Missing is Michael Redman and Jimmy Mallory. There is currently no description available for the mariners.
The Coast Guard began searching Monday evening after Coast Guard Sector Mobile watchstanders received a phone call from the owner of the 54-foot shrimp trawler Capt. Ken-Wil who reported his vessel disabled and without power with two people aboard. The last known estimated location of the vessel was in the vicinity of Eagle Harbor, north of Cape San Blas, Florida.
Involved in the search are:
- Coast Guard Sector Mobile
- Coast Guard Aviation Training Center Mobile
- Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater
- Coast Guard Station Panama City
- Coast Guard Cutter Dolphin
- Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Gulf County Sheriff's Department
Anyone with information is requested to contact Coast Guard Sector Mobile at 833-MOB-USCG/833-622-8724.
For more information follow us on Facebook and Twitter.